BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
nikles

Community Trekker

Mar 4, 2013

Name of current table not appearing in script editor (Mac)

I've previously been using Windows machines, but recently switched to Mac.  In top of the script editor on Windows machines, there was a dropdown box with the name of the current data table.  On my mac I do not see this box anymore.  Is there any way to turn this option on?  Using JMP 14.2.  

I have several tables open and it's important to know which table JMP considers to be the current data table while I'm debugging a script.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Craige_Hales

Staff

Mar 21, 2013

Re: Name of current table not appearing in script editor (Mac)

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, the Mac version does not have that widget in the tool bar.

As you've probably noticed, a script that depends on currentDataTable() can be fragile because the current table can change if a user interacts with the display (by clicking on, or tabbing to, another data table and bringing it forward for example.) You can almost always get a handle to a JMP table when it is created:

dtNew = dtPrev<<subset;

and use the handle (captured in the variable dtNew above) to qualify variable names and to specify the table a message goes to (dtPrev is sent a message subset above; << is the send operator. Use the : operator (scoping) to qualify a column name

dtNew:age = dtNew:age + 1;

so there is no ambiguity which of the two tables you are working with.

Craige
nikles

Community Trekker

Mar 4, 2013

Re: Name of current table not appearing in script editor (Mac)

I’ll add this to the wish list then. Thanks for the reply!