Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

NET component for JMP DoE automation?

Hi,

We're trying to integrate JMP's DoE within one NET application, so users can easily generate a DoE design, and then use JMP to visualize the results of their experiments and analyze the data. The application is written in a NET language, so far I've found a COM library available with JMP6, Interop.JMP.dll, that allows some kind of automation, but that library is very limited with regards to not offering the possibility of reading parameters such as the D Efficiency, minimum, maximum and recommended number of runs etc, out of the objects that are created in memory.

Anyone knows if there is a NET managed component that would allow a better implementation of such integration?

Or, if there is another alternative for achieving that automation?

Thanks

Jesús
4 REPLIES
XanGregg

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

That's outside my area of expertise, but if nothing else comes up, you should be able to send a script to JMP for it to run which would pull the value out of the DOE report (accessing the Text Box if necessary). Then you can use the GetJSLValue message to retrieve the result.
Hi Xan,

Nothing else has come up, so I really appreciate your lead! I think I will discard doing something all within NET, and would like to try what you are suggesting.

So if I understand correctly, I can go all the way to clicking on 'Make Design' (I can do that throught the COM functionality that is available), so the design is generated and displayed in JMP (I will have the Show Diagnostics set to true), and then send a JSL script I guess to pull the values I'm interested out. Could you please point me to some documentation or reference of how to write that script? I think I have seen the documentation to do the GetJSLValue call you mention, so my doubts are just on that script's format.

If writting such script is somehow complex, we are open to contracting the consultancy services that may be required.

Thanks a lot

Jesús
XanGregg

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Start with the Display Trees section of the Scripting Guide and also look-up Show Tree Structure to see the insides of a report. If it's more complex than you wanted, tech support should be able to help or direct you to consulting services. The basic idea is as follows:

obj = DOE( ... );
display = obj< min runs = display["Design Generation"][number col box(1)][1];
great, thanks a ton, I'll give it a look.

Cheers

Jesús