Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

My data table opens first when I recall a graph from the journal, how do I stop the table from popping up on top every time?

gwenicat

Community Trekker

Aug 28, 2014

Hello,

I'm new to jmp.

I created a journal to present some data in the form of pie charts mainly.

This would be really good for presenting the data but the data tables always opens on top of the graph, rendering the whole thing unusable as it's simply too annoying to have to toggle after every click.

My manager told me there is a way to avoid this but I can't find it.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

Can you describe how you created your Journal?

Did you Journal the Chart platform or did you create a script button to run the script to create your chart?

If you can post an example .jrn file that would be helpful. Make sure it doesn't contain any proprietary or other sensitive data.

-Jeff

-Jeff
gwenicat

Community Trekker

Aug 28, 2014

Hi Jeff,

I created links/buttons to my graphs by saving the script to the journal. I since then have done it by creating a button and copy pasting the script in. I have noticed that once the table is opened with the necessary data (which it prompts for if it's not :-)). the graphs open on top that way.

I'll try to make an example with data I make up or can share later on today.

Thanks for your answer

Craige_Hales

Staff

Mar 21, 2013

You can make a self-contained journal with the Edit->Journal command.   Control-J is the shortcut key.  Journals created this way are not "live"; they are static captures of what your results looked like.  No data table is opened or used.

Craige