Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Kosta
Level II

Multivariate Control Chart Decomposition

Hello,

I`m a new user of JMP and have a question to the multivariate control chart concept.

Is it possible in JMP to identify which varibable(s) contribute at most for an out-of-control point?

I have seen in the literature that some other software packages provide a decoposition of the T² control chart.

In this they generate p-values for variables that have the biggest impact.

Many thanks in adance.

Kosta

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: Multivariate Control Chart Decomposition

For your first exploration into the answer for this question, I suggest you read the documentation provided in the Quality and Process Methods book available under the Help pull down menu in JMP
Help==>Books==>Quality and Process Methods
There is a complete section on Multivariate Control Charts
Jim
Highlighted
Kosta
Level II

Thank you txnelson.

Unfortunately, the JMP book does not answer my question.

There is no information to identify which variables are most impacting an out-of-control observation. 

Highlighted
P_Bartell
Level VI

One quick and easy technique for finding specific suspect variables is to plot simple time series of each of the component variables within the multivariate set and look around the time in the individual series where the signal is given in the multivariate series. You can use the JMP Process Screening platform to make these quick charts.
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.