Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Multiple question - how do i make a total?

roteige

Community Member

Nov 4, 2016

Hi,

In a survey i made 10 open boxes, where i asked about awarness of different brands. Calculating top of mind is easy, but how do i find a total awarness? 

Eg: Brand 1 has 23 % in top of mind, but how does this look like for total awarness in percentage? 

1 REPLY
melinda_thielba

May 27, 2014

Would the rates and frequencies reported in the Categorical platform help you. 

I've attached an example of the Categorical report when you have multiple open boxes for one question. In this case, the question was "When do you floss (check all that apply)?" The numbers in the Cross tab are as follows.

Freq is the number of people who checked the box. 

Share is the number of people who checked the box divided by the total number of boxes that were checked. 

Rate is the number of people who checked the box divided by the number of people in the survey. 

Rate per Case Responding is the number of people who checked the box divided by the number of people who checked at least one box. 

Multiple Response Rates.PNG

Check out the "Indicator Group" section of this part of the JMP documentation to see how to create the report you need: 

http://www.jmp.com/support/help/Additional_Examples_of_the_Categorical_Platform.shtml