cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ad_
ad_
Level I

Multiple Y axis ones above the others / merge graphs keeping the same X axis

Hello everyone,

I'm new to JMP so sorry if the answer is obvious : I can't find how to have a pile of graphs. I have temperature values along several days for about 20 different samples, what I want to obtain is one Y axis for each of my sample, with the same X axis. The Y axis would be the same for each sample, one above the others, so I would have 20 graphs with only one X axis : the aim is just to distinguish the trends for each sample, but keeping them close to be able to compare them.
As the difference are very subtle  can't see it while having all the curves sharing the same Y.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks by advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: Multiple Y axis ones above the others / merge graphs keeping the same X axis

You can make this kind of thing with Graph Builder:

11807_Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 14.07.41.png

(for 20 you might need a big screen though).

To do this, drag your X variable to the 'X' drop zone, then one of the Y variables to the 'Y' drop zone. Then add each of the remaining Y variables in turn, being sure to drop it 'above' the one that is already there (you should see a new, blue drop zone appear). Once you have done it once, you can save the script ('select 'Script > Save Script to Data Table') to repeat with updated data.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Multiple Y axis ones above the others / merge graphs keeping the same X axis

hi ad+

perhaps one option is to use table stack and then overlay the dots in one graph.

when staking the tables stack all the Y's. with the new table you can graph the newly created "Data" column as Y and the original x on the x axis.

then submit the "label" column to the overlay box on the corner.

best,

ron

ian_jmp
Staff

You can make this kind of thing with Graph Builder:

11807_Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 14.07.41.png

(for 20 you might need a big screen though).

To do this, drag your X variable to the 'X' drop zone, then one of the Y variables to the 'Y' drop zone. Then add each of the remaining Y variables in turn, being sure to drop it 'above' the one that is already there (you should see a new, blue drop zone appear). Once you have done it once, you can save the script ('select 'Script > Save Script to Data Table') to repeat with updated data.

ad_
ad_
Level I

Hi,

Aaaaaah....Great Ian, it's exactly what I was looking for. So close and yet so far

Thanks a lot for your rapidity !