Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
gene
Community Trekker

Model Comparison with model from PLS has problems

I've been trying to add a PLS model for binary response to the Model Comparison Platform.  After running PLS I save the prediction formulas.  This creates 2 columns, one for each level.  If you then try to add that model to Model Comparison and specify Pred Formula Y[1] it will ask which column you're trying to predict.  Here we enter Y.  It will then create a column property, "Predicting" with {"Y"}.  At this point when you enter the Model Comparison window you get an error that there is no property indicating what level you are trying to predict.

As a control case I did the same thing with nominal logistic and tried to enter that model into the Model Comparison.  Now the column property is "Response Probability" with the formula {:Y, 1, Creator( "Fit Nominal Logistic" ), ID( 546461361 )}.  This works fine.  I then went back to Pred Formula Y[1] and removed the property "Predicting" and added a new property "Response Probability" with the formula {:Y, 1}.  This works fine.

Not sure if I did something wrong or it may just be that whwn PLS models are added you get strange results. 

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Model Comparison with model from PLS has problems

Gene:

I took a quick look. Not sure what's going on with the PLS platform. I thought maybe because the Y response was a Data Type: Numeric, Modeling Type: Nominal it might be an issue...but it appears as thought the behavior you cite occurs with changing the Data Type to Character as well. I did use the Multivariate Methods -> Discriminant Analysis -> Wide, Many Columns Discriminant Method to do the analysis. Then publish to the Formula Depot (you can invoke Model Comparison from the Formula Depot report as well...one of my JMP Pro fave platforms), or save columns to the data table, and then invoke the Model Comparison platform and it appears as though JMP Pro behaves as one would expect.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Model Comparison with model from PLS has problems

Gene:

I took a quick look. Not sure what's going on with the PLS platform. I thought maybe because the Y response was a Data Type: Numeric, Modeling Type: Nominal it might be an issue...but it appears as thought the behavior you cite occurs with changing the Data Type to Character as well. I did use the Multivariate Methods -> Discriminant Analysis -> Wide, Many Columns Discriminant Method to do the analysis. Then publish to the Formula Depot (you can invoke Model Comparison from the Formula Depot report as well...one of my JMP Pro fave platforms), or save columns to the data table, and then invoke the Model Comparison platform and it appears as though JMP Pro behaves as one would expect.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos