The World Statistics Day celebration continues here in the Community. We all need reliable data for sound decision making. Do you have a data source that you trust most? Head over to Discussions to tell us about it.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
charliem
Level III

Modal Dialog Persistence

I have a modal dialog which does exactly what I want it to do after I press the OK button, but the task that is done in response to the OK button take a while and all this time the dialog persists. When the task completes, the dialog goesa way as it should. I'm just worried that when I reliease the app to other usesrs there is a chance that someone could press OK multile times while it's off performing the task.

Is there a way to make the dialog disappear quickly after OK is pressed, whiel the task is being done?

Thanks,

Charlie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
charliem
Level III

Re: Modal Dialog Persistence

I had been tinking bout this for some time and drawing a blank. Somehow after I posted this, the next morning I figured out the answer. Solution was to simply move the codes outside of the OK button's code. IN other words, I jsut set a flag (iflag = 1) inside the OK button's code, and nothing else, and then later in the script put the code to be executed ony if iflag ==1 (of course you initialize to zero somewhere up near the top of the script). I'm not sure if that'll be helpful to anyone or not.....

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
charliem
Level III

Re: Modal Dialog Persistence

I had been tinking bout this for some time and drawing a blank. Somehow after I posted this, the next morning I figured out the answer. Solution was to simply move the codes outside of the OK button's code. IN other words, I jsut set a flag (iflag = 1) inside the OK button's code, and nothing else, and then later in the script put the code to be executed ony if iflag ==1 (of course you initialize to zero somewhere up near the top of the script). I'm not sure if that'll be helpful to anyone or not.....

View solution in original post

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.