cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Statexplorer
Level III

Mixture design screening

Hi 

I have four factors (A, B, C, D); out of that, I need to use only 3 at a time (either A, C, D or B, C, D at a single run) and the sum of three should be 100.

How can I do that in a single mixture design

2 REPLIES 2
Statexplorer
Level III

Re: Mixture design screening

Solved thanks, no need a solution.

Victor_G
Super User

Re: Mixture design screening

Hi @Statexplorer,

The following discussion is very similar to your topic and might help you or the other JMP Users create a Custom mixture design respecting the constraint (even if you already found a solution) : Help needed with custom DOE with complex constraints. 

Also with Classical Mixture designs platform there are other options (when/if applicable) :

• Without factors ranges restrictions and linear constraints: choosing a Simplex Centroïd design with K=3 generates a design with up to 3 factors in each experiment :
    Victor_G_0-1726152814271.png
  • With factors ranges restrictions and/or linear constraints: choosing an Extreme Vertices design of degree K=3 generates a design with up to 3 factors in each experiment :
    Victor_G_0-1726158171667.png

Hope this answer may help other users in the Community,

Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics