cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
shoffmeister
Level V

Mixed Models with JMP: Can I see the Covariance Matrix

Dear JMPers! Hope you all enjoy Amsterdam. Too sad I could not come to ask you personally.

When working with mixed models in JMP: Is there any chance to see the blocks of the estimated covariance matrix. I'm interested in what I get in SAS when using the G, R and especially V options in PROC MIXED. I like to have a look at that to make sure that I set up the model correctly and that the covariance structure makes sense. I'm well aware that I should be able to figure that out myself based on the covariance parameter estimates ... just I don't trust myself completely. Mixed models always feel so complicated :\

Thanks for any help on that.

1 REPLY 1
jiancao
Staff

Re: Mixed Models with JMP: Can I see the Covariance Matrix

Yes, you can. Here is my JMP blog post showing fitting three different covariance structures with JMP Pro's Mixed Model personality: Unstructured, AR(1) and CS. JMP Pro for linear mixed models — Part 2