cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
smsprasad
Level I

Missing items in Distribution

I am not able to see "Box plot","Quantiles","Summary Statistics" etc. when I plot a distribution for my data set in JMP. Let me know for possible resolution in this regard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Missing items in Distribution

That output indicates that the column's modeling type is defined as Ordinal or Nominal, as hlrauch already has suggested.

Open the column info dialog by double-clicking on the header and set Data Type to Numeric and Modeling Type to Continuous.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Have you tried to click on the little red triangle above the histogram? There you should be able to select these options, among other.

Normally they are included by default. Check your Preferences -> Platforms -> Distribution.

hlrauch
Level III

Also check that the variable's Modeling Type is "Continuous" instead of "Nominal" or "Ordinal." There should be a blue triangle next to it in the Columns pane, or you can check the modeling type by selecting "Column Info" from the "Cols" menu. JMP provides different graphs and analyses depending on the selected modeling type.

Howard

lzeng2
Level II

Jeff,

This is original data.

Appreciate your help!

Liang

smsprasad
Level I

Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. I tried the options suggested but the issue is not resolved. I have attached screen shot of the distribution from my JMP data file for better understanding. As can be seen it does not have  "Box plot","Quantiles","Summary Statistics" etc. Let me know for any change in settings to be done.12307_Distributionscreenshot.PNG

ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

That output indicates that the column's modeling type is defined as Ordinal or Nominal, as hlrauch already has suggested.

Open the column info dialog by double-clicking on the header and set Data Type to Numeric and Modeling Type to Continuous.

smsprasad
Level I

Thanks to MS, I tried the suggested option and it worked!. Thanks for the resolution.