Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Mexico.jmp file Help

carolin_portill

Community Member

Sep 25, 2014

Hello, I am having some trouble with a built in map. Does anybody have a .jmp map file of Mexico.

Much appreciated!

5 REPLIES
julian

Staff

Jun 25, 2014

Hi carolin.portilla,

Can you describe a bit more about your problem? Are you using the open street maps (with latitude/longitude) or do you have a variable you're using with map shapes?

Julian

agutierrez

Community Member

Oct 26, 2014

Hi, I am also looking for Mexico (as in the country) map boundaries including states and if possible cities

gail_massari

Community Manager

Feb 27, 2013

Hi, You may find the files you need here.  http://www.inegi.org.mx/geo/contenidos/geoestadistica/M_Geoestadistico.aspx

For example, I opened the Areas Geostadisticas Municipales file and found it contains the .dbf and .shp files you will need.  There are instructions here Examples of Creating Maps for setting up any maps for which you have these two files.

olippincott

Staff

Jul 7, 2014

Hi carolin.portilla,

Like Julian mentioned, there are different ways to go with maps depending on what type of geographic information you have in your data set.

One option, if you don't already have latitude and longitude points in your data, there is a JMP Add In that can convert place names such as cities and addresses  into coordinates.  You can then use the latitude/longitude points with a background map in JMP. 

A link to a blog post on the subject can be found here:A JMP add-in to geocode your geographic data - JMP Blog 

Link to the add in is here: Geocoding Place Names

Plot latitude on your y and longitude on your x in graph builder.  Then right click in the middle of graph builder to graph>background map.

Olivia

gail_massari

Community Manager

Feb 27, 2013

Also, just a reminder to get to maps (including those not included with JMP), from a Graph you can right click  on a graph (in this case from Graph Builder).7494_Locate map services 1 (right click).jpg

7495_Locate map services 2.jpg