cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
mmcclusk0
Level II

Merge data by time stamp

I have a data set with a Column of Date/Time (m/d/yy h:m:s) and two colums of data.

I am trying to move/combine/correct the numbers in each data colum to match the Date Time stamp.

Here is a sample of two rows that shold have the columns combined:

Capture.PNG

Notice the time stamps are the same, yet I cannot get them to combine correctly on the same row.

I have about 5K+ lines of data, but I work with more, and this type of thing all the time.

I am sure there is an easy way to get this to combine, but I cannot figure this out.

I am using JMP 12 and I'm not versed in JSL.  If there is a step by step using the menus, that would help me.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Merge data by time stamp

Hi Kelly,

I'm glad that the summary function was of help. You mentioned you calculate the mean over the rounded timestamps. therefore you get the means just for those rounded timestamps. What I'm confused about is your comment on "the means are off a bit because the timestamps do not align". What do you expect from the mean to look like? Do you have comparison values or do you mean it would be good to have a mean for every exact time stamp?

Thanks,

Martin

/****NeverStopLearning****/
KellyK
Level II

I'm happy with how the table looks. The numbers in the columns are off though. TagID 3322 does not have a timestamp at 4:10 PM, but when I do the mean function a SampleValue is in the 4:10 PM row. For the 4:20 PM timestamp, the SampleValue mean is not correct for the 3322 Tag. It averages the values for one of the 4:20 timestamps and one of the 4:30 timestamps. 

I think I know what's going on here. The first column name is "Column 4 3317" which is not what you should have. There should be just "Column 4". Then you will see a empty value in Mean (SampleValue, 3322).
Please test the following in the table menu "Summary":
Group -> Column 4
Mean -> SampleValue
Subgroup -> TagID

Does that fix your issue?
/****NeverStopLearning****/
KellyK
Level II

That worked! Thank you!

Great :)