Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Marker sizes changing when putting graphs together in application?

cravin187

Community Trekker

Joined:

May 4, 2016

I am trying to combine a bivariate x/y (essentially a scatter plot) with an anova by click the box on the lower right corner of the two windows and selecting "combine the seleted window" to essentially make an app in this manner.  there are two problems:

1) the mirker size keeps reverting to the smallest.  I want to keep it at "large"

2) though relatively minor, the scatterplot axis become static and don't change with the data as I use a Local filter to step through data types.....

 

any thoughts?

 

thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cravin187

Community Trekker

Joined:

May 4, 2016

Solution

WOW.  that's unsettling.....  in trying to prep a pared down file to beg you to try (to see if something was awry with my file or my jmp settings).  I think I see the origin of the issue!  For whatever reason jmp is overriding my preference sttings for the large markers and makin them small.  I can only guess that it is due to the number of rows in the table (>90000).  so I went back to the settings and noticed the "fast Marker threshold"  bumped that up and all is well again.  Thanks for "forcing me to double check that.

 

and thanks for the quick answer!

2 REPLIES
David_Burnham

Super User

Joined:

Jul 13, 2011

I wasn't able to reproduce these problems. I tried it on Windows with versions 11,12 and 13 of JMP.

(I used Big Class and ran the Bivariate and Oneway table scripts - then increased the marker sizes and combined into a window.  I also ran the local data filter on the Bivariate)

-Dave
cravin187

Community Trekker

Joined:

May 4, 2016

Solution

WOW.  that's unsettling.....  in trying to prep a pared down file to beg you to try (to see if something was awry with my file or my jmp settings).  I think I see the origin of the issue!  For whatever reason jmp is overriding my preference sttings for the large markers and makin them small.  I can only guess that it is due to the number of rows in the table (>90000).  so I went back to the settings and noticed the "fast Marker threshold"  bumped that up and all is well again.  Thanks for "forcing me to double check that.

 

and thanks for the quick answer!