Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Map of Spain

teresa

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

I would like to use the JMP 9 Map funtionality with data of Spain.

Is there any one who can help me to know how to do it? Where can I get the Adminitrative places and latitud and longitud data?

Thank you in advance,

Teresa
4 REPLIES
I've just started looking at how to create this functionality for maps that aren't yet provided with JMP 9 myself, so I'm sure there are people here better qualified than me to help you with this. However, for the administrative regions and longitude/latitude data, if you have SAS/GRAPH, you could import the "spain.sas7bdat" and "spain2.sas7bdat" map files from the SAS MAPS directory into JMP, and then save them as JMP data sets. I've done this myself for several countries, including Spain, as all the data needed to draw a map in JMP - just as in SAS - is contained in those two files.

David

Message was edited by: David Q/R
I've created map files for you for the two highest administrative levels of Spain. I have also submitted them to the JMP File Exchange. I'll let you know when they are posted.
Teresa:

The maps are uploaded and ready. Look at http://is.gd/b7WUoF and scroll to "Maps of Spain" near the bottom.
teresa

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Eugène de Rastignac,

Thank you very much. The files work almost well. They are a good point to start.

Teresa