Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Map labels based on sum or count

adah

Community Trekker

Apr 30, 2013

I feel after searching this is likely either a really simple "no it's not possible" question, or a "did he just ask that?" question.  Apologies if this is a simple miss, but it's a small item that I can't seem to find and a big impact on how my company is able to view data and potentially use/purchase the software.

When mapping via the graph builder I have been unable to find out how I place a count label over each state.   In doing a negative equity analysis I am trying to figure out how I can identify the number of data points used per state is shown on each state.  This was I can see which states become larger impacts on my averages.  It seems like a simple visual option, but I just don't see how I get my states to identify there is 7 making up MN and 5 making up TX, as examples.

For simplicity, what I have is 6 lines of data making up an average of negative equity for the state of MN.  The gradient shows where MN falls as a comparative average, now I'd like to add the count of '6' to the MAP to show the number of files making that up.

4 REPLIES
reeza

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

adah

Community Trekker

Apr 30, 2013

I can see where can add a label, but this is more of wanting the count of all 6 lines references as MN data to populate a 6 as the label.  So if I could get the label to be the sum of something, it would be great. Essentially trying to create a visual of a map that shows me what states can be removed as they are averaged data of minimal data pools.

ms

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

Make a new column with Counts by State, e.g. by using a column formula like Col Number(:NegEquity, :State). Then use this column for labels (select the column and choose Label in the Cols menu, and select at least on row per state of interest and choose Label from the Rows menu).

adah

Community Trekker

Apr 30, 2013

I suppose I can just add a column, do a count if, and use that as a work around, but thought I could find an easier way to use some pre-built report data opposed to tweaking.  Thanks for the insight and quick replies!