BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
feelsgood
Community Trekker

Manual Validation Column

Hi all,

I have a data set of mean. I want to add a validation column in order to set values as:

between 0- 2 = train

between 2-3 = validation

3+ = test

I read all the help and community discussions but cant find such a thing.

I also tried to manually add a column wich I wrote each row by myself. But when ı try to use this validation column in analysis I get an error of column properties.

waiting your kind help.

thanks and regards

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
ih
ih
Community Trekker

Re: Manual Validation Column

JMP is pretty specific about the numbers used in the validation column; they must be 0, 1, and 2 for training, validation, and testing.  Check out the one-page guide linked in this post by @volker_kraft:

Creating a Validation Column Holdout Sample

feelsgood: I'm not quite sure what you are asking in your question. Are you trying to parse the data such that for a given column's value, if it's between 0 and 2 you'd like to assign the 'training' designation, and on and on? Please clarify before I provide a recommendation or thoughts.

feelsgood
Community Trekker

Yes Mr Bartell, I actually try to assign training if it is between 0and2 an on and on.
0 Kudos

OK, now I'll ask another question. Is the column that you are using to determine the validation category value a dependent variable from a modeling point of view? And will you use this column for modeling purposes as a dependent variable?