Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Making display window, record value not variable name

I'm trying to make a display with a lot of plots.
I'm using a lot of nested expr() functions to put column names / limits into the plots.
The variables that have column names and limits are going to go away.

Is there a way to have the values of variables placed in the expr function and not the variable names themselves?
4 REPLIES
Would something like this help remove the need for using Expressions at all? In the following, I've created a table with some random columns, then set up a grid of charts which produces the X value vs each column in turn, adding a title which includes the data table name, column name and the lower and upper limits of that column:

No Expressions are needed. Basically code like you generated is going to be inside a tabbox, appended under a bunch of summary tables and other plots.
Also the axis min/max and reference lines are not in a table but stored in a nested object.

Data["Material"]["ParameterValues"]["LL"] = 6;

So really I just need a way to get raw data into the control chart expression instead of a reference to a variable that will be gone as soon as the for loop goes to the next number.
Can you set up a block of script including a for loop as text which incorporates the values you need, and then eval/parse it? In the following, I needed to assign to a column a property which had to be a value (not a variable name), which sounds similar to what you're trying to do:

They Parse Function worked perfectly for this. Thanks.