cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
vs90
Level III

Mail() Feature work-around

Hello,

I have JMP 11.0.0 64-bit on Windows-7 64-bit machine but have MS Outlook 32-bit. I tried running mail() functionality but it was giving me this error:

9453_Capture.JPG

Though Outlook is the only mail client on my machine and set to the default as well.

I was searching for quite a long time about sending emails for automation purposes but now that I have reached at a point where only thing left is to send email in my script I came to know about this thing as well that there is a "bit" restriction for using mail functionality like both JMP and Outlook should have same bit architecture.

Is there any possible workaround of this as where I work don't want to use other than outlook mail client.

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vs90
Level III

Re: Mail() Feature work-around

Finally installed Outlook 64-bit to send out emails. And to avoid outlook warnings used ClickYes and it worked out fine.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jimloughlin
Level III

I had the same issue trying to send emails from SAS 32-bit and MS Outlook 64-bit.  The bitness of SAS needs to match the bitness of Outlook.

Check out this note:

<http://support.sas.com/kb/41/961.html>

41961 - The error "Undetermined I/O failure" occurs when SAS® is used with a DATA step to send e-mail

Jim Loughlin
Loughlin Consulting
vs90
Level III

JimLoughlin Did you find out any work around of it?

BrianK
Level I

I now have the same issue, i.e I'm using Windows 10 (64bit), JMP11 (64 Bit) and outlook (32bit). As its a corportate setup, I dont have the option of installing outlook (64 bit). Is there any work around?

Does this same issue exist in JMP 12, as I do have the option to install it.

In JMP 13, there was a change to address using the Mail function where Outlook has a different bitness than JMP. Prior to JMP 13, you would either need to use both as 32-bit or both as 64-bit.

Justin
vs90
Level III

Finally installed Outlook 64-bit to send out emails. And to avoid outlook warnings used ClickYes and it worked out fine.