cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
vs90
Level III

Mail() Feature work-around

Hello,

I have JMP 11.0.0 64-bit on Windows-7 64-bit machine but have MS Outlook 32-bit. I tried running mail() functionality but it was giving me this error:

9453_Capture.JPG

Though Outlook is the only mail client on my machine and set to the default as well.

I was searching for quite a long time about sending emails for automation purposes but now that I have reached at a point where only thing left is to send email in my script I came to know about this thing as well that there is a "bit" restriction for using mail functionality like both JMP and Outlook should have same bit architecture.

Is there any possible workaround of this as where I work don't want to use other than outlook mail client.

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vs90
Level III

Re: Mail() Feature work-around

Finally installed Outlook 64-bit to send out emails. And to avoid outlook warnings used ClickYes and it worked out fine.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jimloughlin
Level III

I had the same issue trying to send emails from SAS 32-bit and MS Outlook 64-bit.  The bitness of SAS needs to match the bitness of Outlook.

Check out this note:

<http://support.sas.com/kb/41/961.html>

41961 - The error "Undetermined I/O failure" occurs when SAS® is used with a DATA step to send e-mail

Jim Loughlin
Loughlin Consulting
vs90
Level III

JimLoughlin Did you find out any work around of it?

BrianK
Level I

I now have the same issue, i.e I'm using Windows 10 (64bit), JMP11 (64 Bit) and outlook (32bit). As its a corportate setup, I dont have the option of installing outlook (64 bit). Is there any work around?

Does this same issue exist in JMP 12, as I do have the option to install it.

In JMP 13, there was a change to address using the Mail function where Outlook has a different bitness than JMP. Prior to JMP 13, you would either need to use both as 32-bit or both as 64-bit.

Justin
vs90
Level III

Finally installed Outlook 64-bit to send out emails. And to avoid outlook warnings used ClickYes and it worked out fine.