Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
rcookie
Level II

Loss of graph responsiveness

Hello,

I have a script where I show a graph and have filters on the left side, but these filters are preventing the window from being responsive: if I reduce the size of the window, the graph size does not change.

Normally I would just remove the filters to keep the responsiveness but other people are using it, so this is not an option...

Does anyone have an idea on how to keep both the filters and the responsiveness?

Thank you

image.png

@martindemel  @alexbeck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Loss of graph responsiveness

Yes, good catch. Interactively you can access it through the Hotspot in Graph Builder -> Fit to Window -> {Automatic/On/Off/Maintain Aspect Ratio}. If I have many Groups on Y I often use off, to have access to the slider as otherwise the plots will be quite small to fit the available screen size).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

My first guess for "not being able to reduce the size of the graph when reduzing the size of the window" would be the hierarchical/nested x-axis. But you said resizing without filter is ok, right? I couldn't reproduce the behaviour it in 15.0 . What version of JMP do you use? 

If noone else have a reason: in this case best would be to send an email to support@jmp.com . If this is a bug it will be directly linked to development. (you can also use this Contact TS add-In). If possible include your data to the mail to technical support as this will help with reproducing the behaviour (or a very short screen video). 

Highlighted
rcookie
Level II

Thank you for the answer Martin

I had another look at some scripts and found an attribute of the graph builder allowing responsiveness of the graph:

Fit to Window( "Maintain Aspect Ratio" )

The filters disturb the graph fit when you reduce the window size (I guess because they are in a separate list box that cannot be fit) but you can still reduce the graph size directly as long as this attribute is set correctly in the script.

So, all good now.

Cheers,

Richard

Highlighted

Yes, good catch. Interactively you can access it through the Hotspot in Graph Builder -> Fit to Window -> {Automatic/On/Off/Maintain Aspect Ratio}. If I have many Groups on Y I often use off, to have access to the slider as otherwise the plots will be quite small to fit the available screen size).

View solution in original post

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.