Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Losing a variable in a script

kellyframe

Community Trekker

Joined:

Jun 4, 2015

A few years ago, I had written a script to allow specific columns of data to be pulled from one file and run through an analysis.  The output for each column was a simple V List Box, where I started with a modified control chart and appended several lines of text.  A loop was then run for each desired column.

I want to add a second analysis and have the results of that analysis for each column added to the right of the analysis above.  I added the second analysis to the script at the bottom of the first analysis, with its output being put into a second V List Box, thinking that I would simply make a horizontal box to contain the two vertical boxes.  However, when I attempt to do this, the log tells me that it doesn't know what the output from the first analysis is.

The final portion of my script is below.  "v1" is the output from the first analysis.  I then do the second analysis and put its output into "v2".  But, in the second-to-last line below, when I try to append v1 to h1 (which was defined earlier as a H List Box), it tells me "Name Unresolved: v1 in access or evaluation of 'v1' , v1".

t5 = Text Box( " " );
vl << append( t5 );

Current Data Table( infotable );
cd = Distribution(
Continuous Distribution(
Column(b ),
Quantiles( 0 ),
Moments( 0 ),
Vertical( 0 ),
Outlier Box Plot( 0 ),
Normal Quantile Plot( 1 ),
Fit Distribution( Normal( Goodness of Fit( 1 ) ) )

)
);

rcd = cd << report;
v2 << append( rcd );
h1 << append (v1);
h1 << append (v2);

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kellyframe

Community Trekker

Joined:

Jun 4, 2015

Solution

For what it's worth, although the fonts do leave a little to be desired, the original script definitely has a v1 (v one), so that is not the issue.

I believe that I have a logical error in how the v1 list is being assembled in the For loop.  I haven't worked it out yet, but please disregard my original question.

Thanks for your thoughts.

3 REPLIES
ms

Super User

Joined:

Jun 23, 2011

The first "v1" looks like "vl" (i.e. lower case VL, perhaps originally an acronym of vertical list). Change the lower case L to 1.

Craige_Hales

Staff

Joined:

Mar 21, 2013

Wow, the character shapes are identical in my browser.

8862_VLBrowser.png

the default font in the JSL editor is better.

8863_VLScriptEditor.PNG

Every font has issues; the preference->font->mono font is used for the JSL editor; in spite of its name, you don't have to pick a mono spaced font.  A long time ago, we used 80 column cards...

Craige
kellyframe

Community Trekker

Joined:

Jun 4, 2015

Solution

For what it's worth, although the fonts do leave a little to be desired, the original script definitely has a v1 (v one), so that is not the issue.

I believe that I have a logical error in how the v1 list is being assembled in the For loop.  I haven't worked it out yet, but please disregard my original question.

Thanks for your thoughts.