Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Scouse
Level I

Logistical Regression

Hello

If possible could someone please provide me with some assistance with interpreting a logistical regression. 

I think I have found a negative association between a high score and then a subsequent loss in strength. 

1.  Is the Analysis of Variance telling me that there is a significant relationship with a high pre-season score and then loss of strength?

2. Is the Parameter Estimates gives me -0.664502 this number indicates a negative association, but is there any other significant information I should take out of this section?

Thanks in advance!

I have attached a screen shot of my analysis.   

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
P_Bartell
Level VI

Re: Logistical Regression

You have not fit a 'logistical regression'...your phrase. If you were intending to fit a logistic regression model then 'logistic regression' is a general category of regression techniques where the response is categorical, not a continuous numeric variable. Here is the section of the online JMP documentation related to logistic regression:

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/15.1/#page/jmp/logistic-regression-models.shtml#

My suggestion is to perhaps take the JMP Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving course to learn the basics of regression methods. You'll be taught how to interpret the results you seek as well as other general information related to regression modeling in general. The answers you seek are there.

Highlighted
Scouse
Level I

Re: Logistical Regression

Thanks P_Bartell for your reply.
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.