Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
shaira
Level IV

Line width not copied to clipboard in JMP14

Hi,

My colleague recently upgraded to JMP14. We noticed that we are no longer able to copy-paste the line widths in Variability Graphs.  See pics below. Anyone else experiencing similar issue? Thanks.

Capture.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
gzmorgan0
Super User

Re: Line width not copied to clipboard in JMP14

Specify which version of JMP 14 and which OS.

I am on JMP Pro 14.2.0 on a Windows PC, and not having any issues with any of the 3 graph types and saving from the window or the journal or File Save as PPTX nor Save as PDF.  An earlier version of JMP 14 might have had an issue.

image.png

Highlighted
shaira
Level IV

Hi @gzmorgan0, @danschikore

It is JMP14.0.0 (32 bit). We recently updated to 14.1 but the issue was not resolved. The OS is Windows10. The report was done manually using variability graph GUI (no script) and was copied/pasted to Powerpoint 2013 using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. We tried Edit>Copy and Ctrl+V but still the same.

We'll update to JMP14.2 this week and let you know if there are improvements.

Thanks,

Shaira

Highlighted
AndresGlez
Level III

Hello, I just also upgraded to JMP 14, JMP 14 64 bits and Windows 10, seeing same problem. Hope soon can be fixed.

Highlighted

For those who are having line width problems, can you post (1) the JMP version (2) a JSL script to produce the report (3) how you are copying the report (4) the version of PPT you are pasting to (5) how you did the paste?

Using JMP 14.2 on Window 10, I am using the following script:

Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");
Variability Chart(
	Y( :height ),
	X( :sex ),
	Connect Cell Means( 1 ),
	Std Dev Chart( 0 ),
	SendToReport(
		Dispatch(
			{"Variability Chart for height"},
			"Variability Chart",
			FrameBox,
			{DispatchSeg( CustomStreamSeg( 2 ), {Line Width( 3 )} ),
			DispatchSeg( CustomStreamSeg( 3 ), {Line Width( 3 )} ),
			Row Legend(
				age,
				Color( 1 ),
				Color Theme( "SAS Light" ),
				Marker( 1 ),
				Marker Theme( "Paired" ),
				Continuous Scale( 0 ),
				Reverse Scale( 0 ),
				Excluded Rows( 0 )
			)}
		)
	)
);

I selected the window and used Ctrl-C to copy the report.  In PowerPoint 365, I pasted using Ctrl-V, Paste > As Picture, Paste > Paste Special (Windows Enhanced Metafile).  All 3 of these paste operations preserved the line widths for me.

Highlighted
AndresGlez
Level III

Hi, here the answers:
(1) the JMP version: JMP14 64 bit.
(2) a JSL script to produce the report: In my case I need to do Oneway analysis and create a report with some specific analysis, thus, generating also Quantiles, Means and std Deviations, Means comparison report, together with Control Dunnett's & Conditions. All of them grouped in a report (image). The report is saved as picture, then copied in power point. Below sample using "Animals from sample data".

Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Animals.jmp");
biv = DATA TABLE ( "Animals")
<< Oneway(
Y( :miles ),
X( :season ),
All Pairs( 1 ),
With Control( 1, {"fall"} ),
Quantiles( 1 ),
Means and Std Dev( 1 ),
Unequal Variances( 1 ),
Box Plots( 1 ),
Mean Error Bars( 1 ),
Std Dev Lines( 1 ),
Connect Means( 1 ),
X Axis Proportional( 0 ),
Points Jittered( 1 ),
Grand Mean( 0 ),
SendToReport(
Dispatch(
{},
"Oneway Plot",
FrameBox,
{DispatchSeg(
Box Plot Seg( 1 ),
{Confidence Diamond( 0 ), Line Color( "Red" )}
), DispatchSeg(
Box Plot Seg( 2 ),
), DispatchSeg(
Box Plot Seg( 3 ),
), DispatchSeg(
Box Plot Seg( 4 ),
), Row Legend(
season,
Color( 1 ),
Color Theme( "JMP Default" ),
Marker( 0 ),
Marker Theme( "" ),
Continuous Scale( 0 ),
Reverse Scale( 0 ),
Excluded Rows( 0 )
)}
),
Dispatch(
{"Means Comparisons", "Comparisons for all pairs using Tukey-Kramer HSD"
},
"Ordered Differences Report",
OutlineBox,
{Set Title( "Means Comparisons Report" )}
),
Dispatch(
{},
"Tests that the Variances are Equal",
OutlineBox,
{Set Title( "Tests that the Variances are Equal" )}
)
)
);
reportbiv = biv << report;
sigmachart1 = reportbiv [Outline Box(1)][Axis Box( 1 )] << get picture; // Y Axis
sigmachart2 = reportbiv [Outline Box(1)][List Box( 3 )] << get picture; //Chart
sigmachart3 = reportbiv [Outline Box(1)][List Box( 5 )] << get picture; // Donuts
sigmachart4 = reportbiv [Outline Box(1)][table Box( 1 )] << get picture; // Conditions
sigmachart5 = reportbiv [Outline Box("Quantiles")] << get picture; // Quantiles
sigmachart6 = reportbiv [Outline Box("Means and Std Deviations")] << get picture; // Means and Std Dev
sigmachart7 = reportbiv [Outline Box("Means Comparisons Report")] << get picture; // Means Comparison
biv1 = New Window( "Report",
V List Box(OutlineBox( "Oneway Analysis of Animals", TextBox("",<<SetWidth(535)), ... ),
H List Box(
Table Box( sigmachart1 ),
Table Box( sigmachart2 ),
Table Box( sigmachart3 ),
Table Box( sigmachart4 )),
Table Box( sigmachart5 ),
Table Box( sigmachart6 ),
Table Box( sigmachart7 )
));
biv1 << save picture ( "C:\Users\Pictures\ANOVA Animals.png", png );
//biv 1 << Close Window;biv1

(3) how you are copying the report:
The report is saved in C:\Users\Pictures automatically from the script.
(4) the version of PPT you are pasting to:
Power Point 2016
(5) how you did the paste? In power point is insert picture as insert and link (I do that as power point is a master template to generate a day to day report from multiple analysis done.

As a note: you can see that the chart created in the JMP report seems to be ok, however even in the picture saved it is not creating the outlines and also the Y axis of the charts does not fit the same size as the chart, in JMP 11 this script worked and Y axis and chart fit.
I noticed that in JMP14 To create the chart with axis Fit and outlines in report, I need to copy the whole image of the chart ( but in my case I do not need to copy the All Pairs Tukey-Kramer Report only Dunnett's).
Thank you.

Highlighted

@AndresGlez, thanks for the detailed script.  I think I see the missing line in your example, but it looks like a different issue than the original post.  In your script you use take images of pieces of a report and then glue them back together in a second report.  The top and left graph frame lines appear to be lost when pasted back into a report - we will look into this.

In more recent version of JMP, I would recommend trying to customize reports in-place rather than cutting and rearranging pieces.  It can be difficult to keep axes lined up with graphs in this process, and parts of the report can be clipped.  Even in JMP 11, which in my test retains the topand left frame lines, I see Y axis labels that are clipped, and the Y axis label is omitted completely.

Attached is a script that demonstrates how to customize the report in-place.  I made all of these changes interactively and then saved the script for the customized report.  I started by opening the report Property panel:

Untitled.png

The changes that I made include:

1. Close outlines to hide content
  2. Change outline titles to the empty string to hide the outline header (close the outline first if you want the content hidden too)
  3. Change box Visibility property to "Collapse" to hide other content

With these changes I think you can save the desired custom report without having to piece together a second report.

If you need to follow up on this, lets start a new discussion topic since this is different than the original issue of line widths that change during copy to clipboard.

Highlighted
AndresGlez
Level III

Thank you so much, it seems it works as I want. I will open another discussion just to clarify (seek help) from addtional report.

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.