cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tsolomon
Level III

Levey Jennings customized tests

Hi, I am trying to build control charts and collect data for points failing specific criteria like ones outside 4 sigma or consectuive increasing points from the data being reviewed.  I am able to get this partially to work using the control chart builder and customized tests; however, it uses a moving range sigma and I would like to use the mean and sigma for the data group. I am able to get the mean and sigma that I want using the Levey Jennings chart; however, I am unable to get the customized tests to work with Levey Jennings chart. Below is Levey Jennings script where I added the line for customized warnings from the control chart builder script. Any suggestions on how to get the Levey Jennings chart to work with customized warnings or how to use the standard sigma for the control chart builder would be greatly appreciated.

Control Chart(
Sample Label( :received_date ),

Alarm Script(
Write(
Substitute(
"Out of Control for test ^QCTEST in column ^QCCOL in sample ^QCSAMPLE",
"^QCTEST", Char( qc_test ),
"^QCCOL", qc_col,
"^QCSAMPLE", Char( qc_sample )

)
);
Write( "
" );
),
KSigma( 3 ),
Customize Tests( Test 1( 4, "1" ), Test 3( 8, "3" ) ),
Chart Col( :test_value, Levey Jennings( Test 1( 1 ), Test 3( 1 ) ) ),

Where(
:Parameter ==
"Graph1Data"

)
)

2 REPLIES 2
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Levey Jennings customized tests

I usually compute the group summary statistics I need then use the Control Chart platform to create the charts.

This link might provide you with some insight until you get a definitive answer. https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/How-to-add-advanced-Control-Chart-Builder-Tests/m-p/57956#M... 

Re: Levey Jennings customized tests

I was able to get the customized tests to work in the Levey Jennings Chart using Control Chart Builder.  I used the following code:

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
Control Chart Builder(
	Show Two Shewhart Charts( 0 ),
	Alarm Script(
		Write(
			Substitute( "Out of Control for test ^QCTEST in column ^QCCOL in sample ^QCSAMPLE",
				"^QCTEST", Char( qc_test ),
				"^QCCOL", qc_col,
				"^QCSAMPLE", Char( qc_sample )
			)
		);
		Write( "
" );
	),
	Show Capability( 0 ),
	Variables( Y( :weight ) ),
	Customize Tests( Test 1( 4, "1" ), Test 3( 8, "3" ) ),
	Chart(