Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Latin Hypercube Simulation

agupta

Community Trekker

Nov 13, 2012

I am not very familar with using this software and I am just starting out as a new user. Basically, I am trying to run a latin hypercube simulation. I already have all of the design inputs and the results from testing. I am looking for help in inputing the results into JMP and using the software to display my results. My test set-up consisted of 24 cases, in which I varied 3 variables. I am trying to match the frequencies for 10 modal outputs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Anju Gupta

anju.gupta@nasa.gov

4 REPLIES
ms

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

I have no first-hand experience of the design but there is an article on the JMP website that might be a good starting point. http://www.jmp.com/support/help/Latin_Hypercube_Designs.shtml

agupta

Community Trekker

Nov 13, 2012

I have looked through this article...this article describes how to set-up the lhc experiement, and how to choose the values for the variables. However, I have already done this and I have the results. I would like to use JMP to view the results.

ms

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

OK, I misunderstood. To view the results in JMP you need to import, type or paste them into a data table. Then you have a plethora of different analysis and vizualization options. Maybe you could explain more about or provide a link to an example of the kind of visualization you want to do.

Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

Anju,

What format is the data from this simulation in currently? Do you have it as a delimited text file or Excel spreadsheet or in some other format?

Within that file, how is the data organized? Do you have one row for each of your 24 cases and 13 columns (3 for your experimental controls and 10 for your modal outputs)?

With details like this we can help you understand what you can do with JMP.

Thanks!

-Jeff

-Jeff