Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
irosso
Level I

LS Means Question

Hello all,

Glad to have just found these boards.

My question is about the alpha level that is listed as part of the LS Means Differences Student t's output. It is shown above the table of LS Means and set as default as alpha = .05.  My question is whether this alpha is a familywise corrected alpha? Or is it the alpha for each pairwise posthoc t-test (uncorrected)?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: LS Means Question

First, let me "find" something else new.  If you select the "?" tool from the Tool Bar, you can cursor over the item in the report you are looking and and click on it.  It will open up the Help screen for that particular item.  If you do that for the Student's t you get

help.PNG

Given the documentation, there is no correction made to the alpha level.

Jim
Highlighted
irosso
Level I

Oh, that is a cool feature, thank you!
Highlighted
P_Bartell
Level VI

@irosso Yes indeed, the "?" hover, right click, "Help" is a cool feature in JMP. Or as my colleague @gail_massari schooled me many years ago, "Right click is your friend in JMP!"

When I used to teach JMP to new users I'd always recommend, "If ever you are stuck and want to change/modify/remove/edit anything in JMP, and you don't know where to turn, hover over the thing you want to change, then right click. Chances are good a pathway to your desired change is now apparent."

Good luck!