Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Jmp Script Problem

ravi_jmp

Community Trekker

Nov 3, 2011

I am running the following JMP script, joining some files and creating new columns, towards building a combined final report. When I run this script, the last line generates the 'Temp1' table, with all the column names, but no data. If I break the script before this line and run the script from the last line onwards separately, it works fine. Wondering if any one could tell me why I am having to break the script into two.

Thanks,

Ravi

Data Table( "File1" ) << Join(With( Data Table( "File7" )), Merge Same Name Columns, By Matching Columns( :Die = :Die ), Output Table( "FileA" ));

New Column("Die_loc", Character, Nominal, Formula(Substr(:Die, 14, 7)));

Data Table( "File2" ) << Join(With( Data Table( "File8" )), Merge Same Name Columns, By Matching Columns( :Die = :Die ), Output Table( "FileB" ));

Data Table( "File3" ) << Join(With( Data Table( "File9" )), Merge Same Name Columns, By Matching Columns( :Die = :Die ), Output Table( "FileC" ));

Data Table( "FileA" ) << Join(With( Data Table( "FileB" )), Merge Same Name Columns, By Matching Columns( :Die_loc = :Die_loc ), Output Table( "Temp1" ));

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

One possibility is that the evaluation of formulas in the new columns has not finished before the final Join(). Try if inserting Eval Formula in each New Column() helps.

New Column("Die_loc", Character, Nominal, Formula(Substr(:Die, 14, 7)), Eval Formula);

6 REPLIES
Solution

One possibility is that the evaluation of formulas in the new columns has not finished before the final Join(). Try if inserting Eval Formula in each New Column() helps.

New Column("Die_loc", Character, Nominal, Formula(Substr(:Die, 14, 7)), Eval Formula);

pmroz

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

You can also force some buffers to be flushed with the wait command:

wait(0);

ravi_jmp

Community Trekker

Nov 3, 2011

PMroz, your suggestion works too. Thanks

ravi_jmp

Community Trekker

Nov 3, 2011

Thanks for the suggestion MS, that worked.

David_Burnham

Super User

Jul 13, 2011

Send the message Run Formulas to the data table.  This message completes all formula evaluations before proceeding to the next JSL statement.

-Dave
leanpharma_gmai

Community Trekker

Oct 28, 2011

Hi Ravi, Can you let me know the function of the following JSL in your code. Thanks,Kun.

Formula(Substr(:Die, 14, 7))