cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
W_Rockbell
Level I

Jittered not working inGraph Builder JMPPRO 14

A few months ago my data stop previewing with Jittering in Graph Builder. Jitter is turned on in my preferances. Changing the Jitter Type and Jitter Limit doesn't fix the issue. Also changing my data type between continues and ordinal doesn't fix the issue. When I use the Selection tool to copy my graphs from JMP the graphs pastes looking very different than the preview. As seen in the attached images. 

Any one know how to fix this? 

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 6.52.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 6.33.46 PM.png

  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Jittered not working inGraph Builder JMPPRO 14

In preferences under "Graphs", look for the "Fast Marker Threshold".  The default value is 50,000.  The fast marker drawing may change, but currently this is the threshold that is determining whether the jitter will be applied.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Robbb
Level III

I've got a very similar problem. Graph Builder does display jitter correctly if there are too many data points. Older versions of JMP (at least 12 and 13) could display my data correctly. 14 and 15 do not. Or there is some option I am missing. How to fix this?
TimP
Level II

I am seeing the same issue.  I was able to get jittering for my purposes with two imperfect workarounds:

1. Select "Sampling", which seems to work up to 50,000 points.

2.  Apply a local data filter to focus on regions of interest

In preferences under "Graphs", look for the "Fast Marker Threshold".  The default value is 50,000.  The fast marker drawing may change, but currently this is the threshold that is determining whether the jitter will be applied.

TimP
Level II

Great, thanks!
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

In JMP 16 the Fast Marker setting will not affect the jitter options.

-Jeff