Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
MThomson
Level I

Jitter issue when loading journal project

I am developing a series of JMP applications for my team using JMP 14.1. I cannot post the specific code/data for proprietary reasons, but the gist is that the application creates a series of graph builder objects which are combined in a tab box. Many of these plots contain points, all with the default jitter settings. When completed with analysis, the users save the module as a journal. One user testing the tool reported the following error every time she tries to open one of the journal files:

JMP Alert / Parsing problem after key[jitterSeed]. Expected an integer, but found "3595147499".

I have been unable to replicate this error on my end. Creating/saving these journal files works fine on my end. I had her send me one of the files in question, which opened without error on my machine. What could be causing this issue? How can I change the application to prevent this sort of error?

Many thanks!

Failed solution:

I attempted to fix this by just setting every graph's jitter seed to 0, but found that the << Random Seed() message does not work on graph builder objects. Here is the code I used to test this:

Names Default To Here( 1 );
Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
obj = Graph Builder(
	Variables( X( :Sex ), Y( :Height ) ),
	Elements( Points( X, Y, Jitter( "Random Uniform" ) ) )
);
obj << Random Seed( 123456 );

frame = (obj << report)[FrameBox( 1 )];
seg = (frame << FindSeg( Marker Seg( 1 ) ));
{method, axis, limit, spacing, seed} = seg << Get Jitter();
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Jitter issue when loading journal project

The jitter can be set on the MarkerSeg using:

seg << Set Jitter( {method, axis, limit, spacing, seed} )

The issue is that the jitter seed is a 64-bit value, and there was a problem in some versions of JMP reading values greater than 32-bits - you should be able to use smaller jitter seeds (< 2^31-1).

This problem was fixed for JMP 14.2 and 15.0.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

The jitter can be set on the MarkerSeg using:

seg << Set Jitter( {method, axis, limit, spacing, seed} )

The issue is that the jitter seed is a 64-bit value, and there was a problem in some versions of JMP reading values greater than 32-bits - you should be able to use smaller jitter seeds (< 2^31-1).

This problem was fixed for JMP 14.2 and 15.0.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
MThomson
Level I

Thanks, I confirmed with the user that this solution worked.
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.