Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted

JSL code hanging up at a column name change

Script joins multiple tables (summarized from an original table) and then I try to clean up the column names. The log informs that the error is in this line:

:Name( "HT_par_50p subch" ) << set name( "HT par subch" );

but in the log it shows the error location (/*###*/) at:

:HTBar_par_50p subch/*###*/ << set name("HT par subch");

which is a line from the previous version of the code.

I have "Names  Default to Here(1)" at the very top of the script to ensure that no previous runs should interfere. I've tried adding "Delete Symbols()" but the script still stops in the same place.

Any ideas what could be happening and how I can stop it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
gzmorgan0
Super User

Re: JSL code hanging up at a column name change

Since you did not provide your script or script segment, I'll suggest a few avenues to consider:

• When you get that error what is the current data table()?  The current table might not have that name
  •  Does the current table have dependents, linked reports etc.
  • Use the syntax dt1:colname  or dt2: etc.  That is create a reference for each table and scope the target table, so there is no ambiguity.
  •   

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
gzmorgan0
Super User

Since you did not provide your script or script segment, I'll suggest a few avenues to consider:

• When you get that error what is the current data table()?  The current table might not have that name
  •  Does the current table have dependents, linked reports etc.
  • Use the syntax dt1:colname  or dt2: etc.  That is create a reference for each table and scope the target table, so there is no ambiguity.
  •   

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Sorry for the late response ... using the dt:colname helped to clear up the original issue! Thanks so much for the help.

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.