cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jb
jb
Level IV

JSL: Send analysis to journal, and then save PDF

Hello, I've scripted JSL to create a control chart analysis.

I'd like to send the analysis to a journal, and then save the journal as a PDF file.

Here is the last line of code that isn't working:

jrn << Save PDF( "C:\test.pdf");

Any help would be appreciated!

//!
Names Default To Here(1);
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Quality Control/Diameter.jmp" );
dt << New Column ( "LOT", Character( 1 ), Nominal, Set Values( {
  "A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A",
  "A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A","A",
  "B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B",
  "B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B",
  "B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B"
  } )
);
cchart = Control Chart( Sample Label(:DAY),Phase(:LOT),Group Size(1),KSigma(3),
  Chart Col( :DIAMETER,
    Individual Measurement(
      Phase Level( "A", LCL( 3.49 ), Avg( 4.36 ), UCL( 5.23 ) ),
      Phase Level( "B", LCL( 3.46 ), Avg( 4.32 ), UCL( 5.18 ) )
    )
  ),
  SendToReport(
    Dispatch(
      {"Individual Measurement of DIAMETER"},
      "IR Chart of IM",FrameBox,
      {Row Legend( MACHINE,Color(1),Color Theme("JMP Default") )}
    )
  ),
  Where( :OPERATOR == "RMM" )
);
jrn = New Window( cchart << Journal );
jrn << Save PDF( "C:\test.pdf");

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pmroz
Super User

Re: JSL: Send analysis to journal, and then save PDF

I don't have the necessary privs to write to the top level of my C drive.  Also there's a flag you can include to prevent the page setup dialog from popping up.  Finally you don't need to put the journal inside a window.  Try this:

jrn = cchart << Journal;
jrn << Save PDF( "C:\temp\test1.pdf", show page setup(0));

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
shoffmeister
Level V

2 things:

1. Somehow it would not save the file in "C:" for me.

2. Save PDF works for reports but not for journals, as it seems.

This code works for me:

Names Default To Here(1);
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Quality Control/Diameter.jmp" );
dt << New Column ( "LOT", Character( 1 ), Nominal, Set Values( {
  "B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B","B"
  } )
);
cchart = Control Chart( Sample Label(:DAY),Phase(:LOT),Group Size(1),KSigma(3),
  Chart Col( :DIAMETER,
    Individual Measurement(
      Phase Level( "A", LCL( 3.49 ), Avg( 4.36 ), UCL( 5.23 ) ),
      Phase Level( "B", LCL( 3.46 ), Avg( 4.32 ), UCL( 5.18 ) )
    )
  ),
  SendToReport(
    Dispatch(
      {"Individual Measurement of DIAMETER"},
      "IR Chart of IM",FrameBox,
      {Row Legend( MACHINE,Color(1),Color Theme("JMP Default") )}
    )
  ),
  Where( :OPERATOR == "RMM" )
);

jrn = cchart << Report;
jrn << Save PDF( "C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\test.pdf");

jb
jb
Level IV

This worked! Thanks.

pmroz
Super User

I don't have the necessary privs to write to the top level of my C drive.  Also there's a flag you can include to prevent the page setup dialog from popping up.  Finally you don't need to put the journal inside a window.  Try this:

jrn = cchart << Journal;
jrn << Save PDF( "C:\temp\test1.pdf", show page setup(0));

jb
jb
Level IV

This worked! Thanks.

I was even able to save as Landscape, which fixed the Phased Limits presentation

DaveLee
Level IV

I had a similar issue saving to a PowerPoint file and finally stumbled across the Save Presentation command.  I run all my analyses and save them to a common journal then execute the following lines.  I define a global variable named ::fid.  Yes, I know the dangers of colliding namespaces but I'm pretty much the only one who codes in JSL at my small company.so I naively carry on in blissful ignorance...

Current Journal()<< Set Window Title(::fid || "Summary");

/* Set the title of the Journal Window */
jrn=Current Journal();
jrn<<Save Presentation( ::PathOut || ::fid ||" RDIO Summary.pptx", PNG);
jrn<<Save HTML( ::PathOut || ::fid ||"  RDIO Summary.htm", PNG);
jrn<<Close Window;
Exit(); // Closes JMP but files are saved in predetermined folders. 

Just thought I'd share a similar experience.

Dave

jb
jb
Level IV

Interesting idea, but I wasn't able to get it to work.

How is ::fid used ?  Do I need to declare this global variable somewhere?  Thanks.

DaveLee
Level IV

I define ::fid as a global variable in the very beginning of the script.  The same is true for the ::PathOut global variable. To me ::fid is just short for file ID - something I want to call the file name. I supply the file ID and pathname in the opening lines of the script then run a variety of analyses each getting saved to one journal. I end the script by setting a title for the journal, giving it a reference (i.e., jrn) and then finally save it both as a HTML and a PowerPoint.