Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

JSL Script won't resolve variable when setting a column property

nkelleh

Community Trekker

Dec 19, 2012

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help, this is driving me crazy!

I'm trying to set the "spec limits" column property for a particular column using the following code where lLim and uLim are variables containing numbers.

<code>

colName<< Set Property("Spec Limits", {LSL( Eval(:lLim) ), USL( Eval(:uLim) ),Show Limits(1)} );

</code>

The above code works fine when actual numbers are used instead of the variables for the LSL and USL entries, however with the variables the script runs but the USL and LSL in the column properties are left blank.

I'm hoping someone knows the right syntax to get this to work. Cheers!

PS. What I'm really trying to do is to set the 'Show Limits' property to 1, however if I message that on its own, the USL and LSL end up blank too, so I have to renter the limits too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hello,

JMP Sample Note 46953 demonstrates how to use variables when assigning the Spec Limits column property.  You can view JMP Sample Note 46953 here:

46953 - How to script Column Properties using variables

I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Wendy Murphrey

Wendy
4 REPLIES
Solution

Hello,

JMP Sample Note 46953 demonstrates how to use variables when assigning the Spec Limits column property.  You can view JMP Sample Note 46953 here:

46953 - How to script Column Properties using variables

I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Wendy Murphrey

Wendy
nkelleh

Community Trekker

Dec 19, 2012

Thank you. Works great. Don't think I would have got that on my own. I think this should be highlighted more in the scripting guide.

breinoso

Community Trekker

Apr 21, 2015

I had the same issue and this solved my problem too. It did take me several hours to figure it out. I second nkelleh that this should be highlighted more in the scripting guide and JSL syntax guide.

Wendy_Murphrey

Jun 23, 2011

Thank you for your comments.  I have submitted your request to the JMP documentation team to highlight the content of JMP Note 46953 in the JSL documentation.

We appreciate your feedback!

Wendy

Wendy