cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
awallace
Level II

JSL: Save a Dashboard as an Image

I have a two questions regarding JSL and Dashboards. The dashboard script I am currently writing has multiple graphs and runs without issue. However, my problem lies in trying to save the file. I would like to be able to save the file as a TIFF. 

Therefore questions: 

1) How do you save a Dashboard as an image?

2) To save the Dashboard as an image with the correct proportions, the window needs to be maximized. Is there a way to script window maximization? 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: JSL: Save a Dashboard as an Image

Both of these would require additional scripting.  One way to do this would be to script within the Application itself (Dashboards do not support scripting, but you can toggle off 'Dashboard Mode' from the red-triangle menu).

Once in Application Builder, on the 'Scripts' tab you can add what you need.  In most cases, commands to the window can be sent to any display box in the window.  The Dashboard templates use the JSL name 'MainTabPage' for the top-level box, and you can use the commands <<Maximize Window() and <<Save Picture() to do what you need.  In the builder this looks like:

DashboardSave.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Both of these would require additional scripting.  One way to do this would be to script within the Application itself (Dashboards do not support scripting, but you can toggle off 'Dashboard Mode' from the red-triangle menu).

Once in Application Builder, on the 'Scripts' tab you can add what you need.  In most cases, commands to the window can be sent to any display box in the window.  The Dashboard templates use the JSL name 'MainTabPage' for the top-level box, and you can use the commands <<Maximize Window() and <<Save Picture() to do what you need.  In the builder this looks like:

DashboardSave.png

awallace
Level II

That works perfectly! I am new to JSL and did not realize that Dashboards don't support scripting. Thank you so much for your help!