Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

JSL Editor feature request

In the jsl script editor it would be great if I could right click on an object name (such as a data table) and select 'show properties'  Could that be added in a future version?

4 REPLIES
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

I suggest that you send your enhancement request directly to the JMP folks at:

support@jmp.com

They are in the business of handling such enhancement requests, making sure they get uploaded to the correct group of developers.

Jim
msharp

Super User

Jul 28, 2015

This really isn't a bad idea.

Craige_Hales

Staff

Mar 21, 2013

You can get some of that behavior now; it depends on the the variable already having an object assigned:

11760_pastedImage_0.png

Craige
msharp

Super User

Jul 28, 2015

Curious, I ran your script, and I also ran show properties(dt);, but couldn't find a Add Multiple Columns option in the show properties?  Beyond this, I feel the method described above is more to help a programmer remember syntax while a show properties command is helpful in learning what options are available.  It's also more useful since comment text are included describing a function might do.

Possibly a right click, Show Properties option that will open the scripting index to the appropriate page?  Like the above would send me here:

11797_pastedImage_0.png

If this was implemented I would definitely want a hot key for this, maybe Ctrl+Shift+Space?