cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
rct
rct
Level I

JSL + A script that extracts textbox information from a bivariate fit report

Hi,

I have a set of data on which I have performed a linear fit. I am trying to write a script that would extract the text box information which is basically the fit equation from the bivariate fit report . Any help is highly appreciated !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: JSL + A script that extracts textbox information from a bivariate fit report

The pathway to the text edit box may vary depending on the complexity of your report. The code below works for that particular report and probably for many other simple bivariate reports. Use the tree structure display for your particular report to find out the relative (or absolute) pathway.

dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");

biv = dt << Bivariate(Y(:weight), X(:height), Fit Line());

rbiv=report(biv);

// Two equivalent ways to address the text box with the equation

eq1=rbiv[Outline Box(2)][1, 1] << get text; // "First item of the first item of the second outline box"

eq2=rbiv[Text Edit Box(4)] << get text; // Direct address. Numbering not always predictable.

show(eq1,eq2);

// Explore the tree structure to detrmine the pathway to the displaybox of interest

rbiv<<show tree structure;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: JSL + A script that extracts textbox information from a bivariate fit report

The pathway to the text edit box may vary depending on the complexity of your report. The code below works for that particular report and probably for many other simple bivariate reports. Use the tree structure display for your particular report to find out the relative (or absolute) pathway.

dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");

biv = dt << Bivariate(Y(:weight), X(:height), Fit Line());

rbiv=report(biv);

// Two equivalent ways to address the text box with the equation

eq1=rbiv[Outline Box(2)][1, 1] << get text; // "First item of the first item of the second outline box"

eq2=rbiv[Text Edit Box(4)] << get text; // Direct address. Numbering not always predictable.

show(eq1,eq2);

// Explore the tree structure to detrmine the pathway to the displaybox of interest

rbiv<<show tree structure;

rct
rct
Level I

Thanks a ton ! It was of great help