Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ole_Luehn
Level III

JMP16 Python Synergies - How to make script re-work for data import

Dear.

I started a while ago to import my data via some scripts and using the phyton interface and "just" following here this example on page 3 - wp-jmp-synergies-python-r.pdf

Now I installed JMP 16 PRO and tried my scripts again - but "he" doesn´t want to start not recognizing my python version anymore in the beginning. Before it worked fine

He stops here --> Line 2

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Names Default To Here (1);

Python Init();

Python Submit("\[# Licensed under the MIT License (...and so on...)Script_Phython_Import_JMP16Pro.PNG

Python.Error.PNG

But I have Python 3.8.1 and it worked in JMP 15 Pro.

Can someone indicate me how to solve it? I remember how I installed Python and all packages following the guidance in the scripting book - but do I need to do it again?

Maybe you know?

Best wishes to you.

Ole

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ole_Luehn
Level III

Re: JMP16 Python Synergies - How to make script re-work for data import

Hi Craige. 
I somehow followed all the infos which I could find on the documentation in the scripting guide. "problems with python".

Now, I had help from a very skilled colleague who tried some things in python.

Finally, he was / we were not succesful. Then, I deinstalled Anaconda and re-installed python. 

It worked again now. So I am able to use my old scripts as used before! 

So - I have solved it just by re-installing python. The packages numpy and so on didn´t need to be re-installed! 

Best wishes.

Ole

Troubleshooting the JMP Python Integration

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Craige_Hales
Super User

Not a Python expert, but...

1. If you still have 15 installed, does it still work there?
  2. Does it run from the cmd.exe window? I used python --version and the path command to peek at my installation.

The path command shows two Python directories.The path command shows two Python directories.

I think JMP probably uses registry settings to find the python installation. There is also an argument in the PythonInit or PythonConnect to specify the path.

I do not use the anaconda version, and I do not use virtual environments.

Craige
Ole_Luehn
Level III

Hi Craige. 
I somehow followed all the infos which I could find on the documentation in the scripting guide. "problems with python".

Now, I had help from a very skilled colleague who tried some things in python.

Finally, he was / we were not succesful. Then, I deinstalled Anaconda and re-installed python. 

It worked again now. So I am able to use my old scripts as used before! 

So - I have solved it just by re-installing python. The packages numpy and so on didn´t need to be re-installed! 

Best wishes.

Ole

Troubleshooting the JMP Python Integration