BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
sherbert1
Community Trekker

JMP13 JSL Script Function Errors using columns from passed in data-tables

Just an FYI for JSL power-users, since I'm not sure if this is a JMP13 bug or an intended feature:

In JMP 12 we are using a script that calls a Function that takes in a data-table as an argument (i.e. {dt})

We then try to manipulate columns in the data-table using the format dt:col_name

This worked just fine in JMP 12, but when upgrading to JMP 13 we started getting errors where the interpreter no longer recognized "dt:col_name" as a column, but tried to treat it as a name_space, throwing up an error stating that it couldn't find the namespace "dt". 

My guess is that something in the interpreter changed in JMP13 since name1:name2 is the format used for specifying both data-table column name2 from table name1 and object name2 from namespace name2. 

Has anyone else run into this issue? I had to update our scripts to replace all instances of dt:col_name to column(dt, "col_name") in our functions to get our scripts to work with JMP13.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
sherbert1
Community Trekker

Re: JMP13 JSL Script Function Errors using columns from passed in data-tables

Couldn't find an option to edit my last post, but it should read "object name2 from namespace name1"  instead of "...namespace name2" in the 2nd to last paragraph there.

0 Kudos
sherbert1
Community Trekker

0 Kudos
sherbert1
Community Trekker

JMP13NamespaceError.jpgExample Error

0 Kudos
Eric_Hill
Staff

Hey - For future reference, to edit a post after posting it, check in the Options menu at the upper left of your post:

cjc_edit_post.pngHere is where Edit is hiding.

They even made it look like a red triangle menu!  Apparently, people have asked us to make the Internet work more like JMP ;-).

HTH,

Eric

sherbert1
Community Trekker

Thanks! My profile picture was covering up the options while using Internet Explorer which is why I couldn't find it. Good to know!
0 Kudos
txnelson
Super User

I have come across this issue. It needs to be sent to support@jmp.com

Jim
0 Kudos
sherbert1
Community Trekker

Thanks! I've shot them an email with a description of the problem.

0 Kudos