Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

JMP13 JSL Script Function Errors using columns from passed in data-tables

sherbert1

Occasional Contributor

Oct 12, 2016

Just an FYI for JSL power-users, since I'm not sure if this is a JMP13 bug or an intended feature:

In JMP 12 we are using a script that calls a Function that takes in a data-table as an argument (i.e. {dt})

We then try to manipulate columns in the data-table using the format dt:col_name

This worked just fine in JMP 12, but when upgrading to JMP 13 we started getting errors where the interpreter no longer recognized "dt:col_name" as a column, but tried to treat it as a name_space, throwing up an error stating that it couldn't find the namespace "dt". 

My guess is that something in the interpreter changed in JMP13 since name1:name2 is the format used for specifying both data-table column name2 from table name1 and object name2 from namespace name2. 

Has anyone else run into this issue? I had to update our scripts to replace all instances of dt:col_name to column(dt, "col_name") in our functions to get our scripts to work with JMP13.

7 REPLIES
sherbert1

Occasional Contributor

Oct 12, 2016

Couldn't find an option to edit my last post, but it should read "object name2 from namespace name1"  instead of "...namespace name2" in the 2nd to last paragraph there.

sherbert1

Occasional Contributor

Oct 12, 2016

sherbert1

Occasional Contributor

Oct 12, 2016

Example ErrorExample Error

erichill

Staff

Oct 1, 2013

Hey - For future reference, to edit a post after posting it, check in the Options menu at the upper left of your post:

Here is where Edit is hiding.Here is where Edit is hiding.

They even made it look like a red triangle menu!  Apparently, people have asked us to make the Internet work more like JMP ;-).

HTH,

Eric

sherbert1

Occasional Contributor

Oct 12, 2016

Thanks! My profile picture was covering up the options while using Internet Explorer which is why I couldn't find it. Good to know!
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

I have come across this issue. It needs to be sent to support@jmp.com

Jim
sherbert1

Occasional Contributor

Oct 12, 2016

Thanks! I've shot them an email with a description of the problem.