cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ressel
Level VI

JMP report does not launch from re-named folder location

I have generated a number of (stability) reports from a single table. The reports were saved using the table as reference. The table and all reports were stored in the same folder. At this stage I could launch all reports by double clicking. Later, I re-named one of the folders in the Explorer file path (due to a business re-organization). Since then, the JMP report files cannot be launched anymore bu double clicking or tryning to open them via "file open" command in JMP.

How can I make the reports launch again?

What should I take cae of when storing my work in the future?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: JMP report does not launch from re-named folder location

Hello Ressel,

*.jrp file could be open with a text editor (like notepad++) and you will find jmp scripting langage (jsl) inside.

So, you can open jrp file with text editor and update jmp table path.

Guillaume

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Ressel,

*.jrp file could be open with a text editor (like notepad++) and you will find jmp scripting langage (jsl) inside.

So, you can open jrp file with text editor and update jmp table path.

Guillaume
Byron_JMP
Staff

RE: What should I take care of when storing my work in the future?

Ok, so I don't konw what your work flow is or why (or if) its necessary to save the reports separately from the data table.  

If it were me, in the report, from the top most red triangle menu (RTM), I would use Save Script>To Data Table.  Then each time I updated the table I could just run the script to generate the report.  If I needed a static copy of the report, I would journal it. A journaled report is separated from the data and can be saved as any other file. 

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)
Ressel
Level VI

Hi Byron, there seems to be something off with the stability reports (Analyze -> Reliability and Survival -> Degradation -> Stability). I have several conditions and multiple batches to investigate. Whenever I save a stability script to a datatable, the running script will convolute all conditions, rather then grouping the data accordingly. This is why I saved the reports separately. Also, I have journaled all reports already, but they too won't launch now with the renamed folder location.