cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ronf
Level II

JMP on Citrix?

I'm wondering if JMP can be used in a virtual environment? Is anyone using JMP through Citrix?

Can anyone point me to documentation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ronf
Level II

Re: JMP on Citrix?

This is the response we received from JMP Technical Support.

JMP is not licensed to be installed on server machines.  The installation of JMP on server machines is possible, but not allowed.  The licensing agreement does not permit JMP to be installed on a server at this time.  At this time, JMP is only permitted on desktop operating systems (Win XP, Vista, 7 and 8, Mac, etc).

Our system requirements are listed here:

http://jmp.com/support/system_requirements_jmp.shtml

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ronf
Level II

Thank-you so much gbu.

This certainly helps. I can't get to the last 2 documents, but the first document has great information.

Ron

ronf
Level II

This is the response we received from JMP Technical Support.

JMP is not licensed to be installed on server machines.  The installation of JMP on server machines is possible, but not allowed.  The licensing agreement does not permit JMP to be installed on a server at this time.  At this time, JMP is only permitted on desktop operating systems (Win XP, Vista, 7 and 8, Mac, etc).

Our system requirements are listed here:

http://jmp.com/support/system_requirements_jmp.shtml

gbu
gbu
Level III

Thanks for this official answer.

InfoFr
Level I

Sorry to go back to this topic, we want to install JMP Pro in client server mode, do you have a more recent documentation for citrix or another virtualization environment
Best Regard
pmroz
Super User

We are using JMP on Citrix.  Talk to your salesperson about getting a server license.  Runs good!

Peter_Bartell
Level VIII

As @pmroz suggests...the best way to start evaluating the server deployment process for using JMP is to contact your JMP sales account executive. Lots of issues to consider before deployment...but many companies and organizations choose this method of JMP deployment for a variety of business and technical reasons.

InfoFr
Level I

We already have licenses in our possession. We tried to install a version on APP-V without success.
Is it possible to install and is JMP compatible with Vmware or Hyperv, in Client - Server mode.

Peter_Bartell
Level VIII

These sorts of issues are best resolved by contacting both your JMP account executive as well as JMP technical support. The general contact portal for JMP technical support can be found here:

https://www.jmp.com/en_us/support.html