cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MikeKim
Level III

JMP offers specification proposal?

Hi.

Supposing that I have bunch of data but no Specification (LSL and USL).

Data are diagnosed as to follow SHASH or other non-normal distribution.

Is there appropriate analougues for the plus/minus 3 SD for normal distribution? (Since 6SD of normal distribution is usually used as Specification Tolerance)

Alternatively, is there function that JMP calculated the possible Specification which ensures specific % will be preserved within the Tolerance? (for the SHASH or Weibull or other distributed data)

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: JMP offers specification proposal?

I won't go to the discussion what should determine your specification limits (there are already good topics regarding this in community) or how they should be calculated, but below are some examples what JMP can do

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jthi
Super User

I won't go to the discussion what should determine your specification limits (there are already good topics regarding this in community) or how they should be calculated, but below are some examples what JMP can do

-Jarmo

Look into Tolerance Intervals.  There is a non-parametric option you can use.  Available in Distribution.

SamGardner_0-1695306393175.png

Also, you can fit the SHASH distribution to the data, then save the transformed values to the data table, that transform the data to look like a normal distribution.  You could then calculate tolerance limits on that transformed data and do the backwards transformation to the original scale of the data.  

SamGardner_1-1695306630095.png

There is a SHASHInv( ) function you can use in a table column or a JMP script to do the back transformation.