Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

JMP accessing an R application

dqr2

Community Trekker

Jun 19, 2015

Hi,

I have a copy of R (it's version 3.2.1) installed on my Windows laptop.

I've just been sent an application written in R.  This application has been delivered to me in the format of an executable file, which when run creates an icon on my desktop with the familiar "R" logo and the name of the application beneath it.  When I load it, I get the usual R interface, within which the application runs exactly as I would expect.

Now to the problem.  I need to call this application from within JMP.  I know how to transfer data to and from R, and I've checked that I can do both of these, so I know I'm using JMP and R in conjunction correctly.  However, when I try to call any of the functions within the application I've been sent, I get a message from R telling me that they don't exist.

Presumably what is happening here is that R has been installed twice on my laptop - my original installation, and then a second time by the application I've just been sent.  I'm also guessing that JMP is then trying to access the wrong installation.

If I'm right about this, how can I get JMP to access the copy of R that has been installed by the application's executable file, as opposed to my original installation?

Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dqr2

Community Trekker

Jun 19, 2015

Solution

I've found the answer to this one myself - it's just a matter of setting an environment variable before R is accessed:

Set Environment Variable("R_HOME", "C:\Program Files (x86)\ <name of the other installation of R as created by the application> \

Problem solved

1 REPLY
dqr2

Community Trekker

Jun 19, 2015

Solution

I've found the answer to this one myself - it's just a matter of setting an environment variable before R is accessed:

Set Environment Variable("R_HOME", "C:\Program Files (x86)\ <name of the other installation of R as created by the application> \

Problem solved