Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
marktaylor
Level II

JMP Version

When I click JMP>Help>About it tells me that my JMP version is 14.3.0 (32 bit). If I check for updates it tells me I have the latest version. However, I've seen JMP 15 mentioned. Is this stable and available? If so, why isn't the software telling me that I can upgrade to that? It seems that JMP 15 features a number of improvements and I'm interested in one which is the ability to create heatmaps where the data isn't just plotted as the mean - you can plot by other statistics instead e.g. range, standard deviation etc.

If anyone can advise on the above version question that would be really helpful. Thanks, Mark

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
andersonmj2
Level IV

Re: JMP Version

My understanding of how JMP works in this regard (and many other software packages, so fairly standard in my experience) is that it only notifies you of 'updates', not 'upgrades' - so things you can get that are freely available for your current installation.

JMP 15 is a paid upgrade - and honestly well worth it, particularly since 15.1 came along and ironed out a couple of small issues and added tons more capabilities.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

I'm sorry that you missed the announcements about JMP 15 when it was released. To make sure you get notified in the future be sure to subscribe to the JMP Newswire at jmp.com/newswire. We also send email to all license administrators at each major release and each maintenance release.

Your license administrator can go to jmp.com/upgrade to request the upgrade to JMP 15. 

-Jeff

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

What kind of JMP license do you have?  If you have a perpetual license, it is a license for a specific version of jmp, 13, 14, 15 etc. If you have JMP 14, you can update for free all of the JMP 14 releases.  If you want to upgrade from JMP 14 to JMP 15, you will need to purchase a new license. 

If you have an annual license agreement, you are authorized to upgrade to the most current version of JMP. 

Your JMP administrator should be able to help you with this.

Jim
Highlighted
marktaylor
Level II

Thanks for explaining. We have a 2 user license that we renew annually. I've emailed my local (UK) JMP team to see what we need to do to upgrade. Much appreciated, Mark
Highlighted
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

I'm sorry that you missed the announcements about JMP 15 when it was released. To make sure you get notified in the future be sure to subscribe to the JMP Newswire at jmp.com/newswire. We also send email to all license administrators at each major release and each maintenance release.

Your license administrator can go to jmp.com/upgrade to request the upgrade to JMP 15. 

-Jeff

Highlighted
andersonmj2
Level IV

My understanding of how JMP works in this regard (and many other software packages, so fairly standard in my experience) is that it only notifies you of 'updates', not 'upgrades' - so things you can get that are freely available for your current installation.

JMP 15 is a paid upgrade - and honestly well worth it, particularly since 15.1 came along and ironed out a couple of small issues and added tons more capabilities.

Highlighted
marktaylor
Level II

Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't aware of that distinction until now. I've emailed to ask for details of upgrade costs. Thanks again, Mark
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.