Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

JMP Pro to JMP: how to test a script?

matteo_patelmo

Community Trekker

Dec 23, 2015

Hello, I'm using JMP Pro 13.1 to write some script which uses "pro-only" features only if JMP Version=="Pro" and uses alternatives in case the script is running under JMP.  For example it will run boosted trees under JMP Pro and the basic partition platform under JMP.

I only have JMP Pro installed , but I'd like to make sure that my script will work fine also on JMP.  Is there a simple way to test it in a "JMP-like" environment under JMP Pro, without installing the basic JMP version?

thanks
Matteo

2 REPLIES
Dan_Obermiller

Apr 3, 2013

Because you can have JMP 13.1 and JMP Pro 13.1 installed on the same machine, I would recommend going that route. It will allow you to do testing and development without any "interruptions" instead of somehow "converting" JMP Pro to JMP.

Dan Obermiller
M_Anderson

Staff

Nov 21, 2014

As long as you're not using a JMP Pro Feature (Bootstrap Forest, Cross-Validation columns, bootstrapping something, etc.) it shouldn't be an issue. The only one that I sometimes had issues with was getting the right configuration of Neural Network since they are a little different between JMP and JMP Pro.

Best,

M