Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

JMP Graph Builder - bar chart with unique x category colors and error bars

bjg20

Community Trekker

Nov 1, 2013

I'm trying to create a graph that seems like it should be straight-forward in JMP but I've run into a couple of issues that I can't seem to get around.  In the attached .jrp I've made an example of a basic bar chart using the Graph Builder.  This is close to what I want but I need the colors of the bars to be based on the Group variable (ideally black and white instead of red and blue).  However when I add Group to Colors (the drop area to the right of the chart) nothing happens but the colors do work if I choose Points instead of Bar (above the chart).  If instead I add Group to Overlay (drop area) the colors become unique based on the Group variable but the error bars disappear and I can't get them back.  Any suggestions for resolving these issues?

As a bonus it would be great to be able to adjust the gap between the bars (I want the bars to be right next to each other with no white gap).  I've tried to figure out a way to adjust this gap or adjust the width of a given bar but haven't been able to find anything.