cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

JMP Formula

I have a quick question, does anyone know how you would approach using this Excel formula in the JMP Pro 12 formula platform to generate decile of equal distribution without using the cut point system? How do you get the INT component of the formula below in JMP? Assuming the total rows of your data table is 218086 and you want to have decile of 20,000 plus. This is what I use in Excel, but it be difficult when your data table has more than a 1 million rows than in this case Excel becomes less effective due to the 1 million rows limit.

=INT((ROW(B2)-1)/218086*10)+1

Jenkins Macedo
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: JMP Formula

Yes, of course it's 'Floor()' not 'Round()'. Apologies.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ian_jmp
Staff

To round a number to the nearest integer you can use 'Round(x, 0)', where x is your number or an expression that evaluates to a number.

Sorry to ask this @Ian, and how exactly would that formula be?

Jenkins Macedo
txnelson
Super User

I believe the direct translation of your formula from Excel to JMP would be:

Floor((Row()-1)/218086*10)+1;

The Floor() function returns the integer portion of the value, and the Row() function returns the row number the formula is being applied to

Jim
ian_jmp
Staff

Yes, of course it's 'Floor()' not 'Round()'. Apologies.

Thanks fellows. It worked well and I was able to ranked the model scores of customers of a data table with 1.2 million in decile of 114K

Jenkins Macedo