Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

JMP 8 Help: Missing Data Point (Resolved)

cm

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Hello,

I am a student who recently started using JMP 8 to create data tables and graphs. I need to make a Fit Y by X graph for a data table, but one of the points refuses to show up on the graph. I have tried adjusting the X-axis and Y-axis scales and redoing the entire thing over again, but the point--which would be (655, 0.074)--does not appear, even though it is entered into my data table. When I create a line of fit for the points, the line stops at the point before the missing one (595, 0.228) and does not extend any further. Does anyone know a way I might get the point to appear?

Also: When the graph is first generated, the X-axis scales only to 600 (so obviously you cannot see any points beyond 600, including one at 655). I have to manually rescale the X-axis to, oh..at least 700..but the point at 655 still does not show. The point at 655 is the last of 6 points. Could this be why it's not appearing?

I am not used to using JMP 8, and the program and I are not getting along well yet! Any help will be truly appreciated.

~CM

Message was edited by: CM

Message was edited by: CM
2 REPLIES
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

It sounds as if you have inadvertently excluded the row containing that last data point.
If you really have only 6 data points please post them all, and also please post the equation you get from fitting a line to your data.
cm

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Ah! It's seems to be working now; I have my point! When I closed down JMP and the data table and then opened them up again, the row that contained the missing data point had the X (655) in the first column, but no Y in the second column. I guess somehow it didn't register that I typed that last entry in...or something...but I typed it again, and this time it worked.

Still, thanks for your suggestion.

~CM