Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

JMP 8.0.2 - can't save profiler as flash object

mikehd

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Hi all,

I've been searching for help on this one and thought I'd try a post here.

I'm running JMP 8.0.2 and have read a few tutorials on how to embed a profiler into powerpoint presentation as a flash object. The problem is that I don't have this "save as" option when I click the red triangle hotspot on my profiler. Is there a hidden setting that I need to change, or perhaps my company's JMP admin has disabled this?

thanks for your help,

Mike
9 REPLIES
Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

The profilers built into the modeling platforms don't have the option to save as flash.

Instead, save the prediction formula(s) for your response variable(s) and then use the Profiler from the Graph menu on the saved column(s).

You'll find the Save As Flash option in the red triangle there.

Jeff
-Jeff
mikehd

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Thanks, that did the trick.

Did I misunderstand the help file and SAS' own instructions? It sure made it seem that the modeling platform had this capability baked into it.

Update: I think I got off on the wrong foot by not understanding JMP's terminology. I was in the modeling platform trying to do this not in the profiler platform.

thanks again...

Message was edited by: mikehd
ron_horne

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

when exporting the prediction formula and using it in the profiler platform is there a way of preserving the confidence intervals?

luigi

Community Trekker

Jul 1, 2011

Yes,

After you first Save Columns>Prediction Formula also choose Save Columns>StdErr Pred formula. Then when you invoke the Graph>Profiler platform be sure to add both the Prediction Formula as well as the StdErr Prediction Formula to the dialog box.

ron_horne

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

for some reason this is not working for me, i have tried in many ways without success, could you please send me an example?

luigi

Community Trekker

Jul 1, 2011

First Fit your model and then chose Save Columns>Prediction Formula

2907_Screen Shot 2013-01-09 at 8.49.58 PM.png

Then Save Columns>Std Err Pred Formula

2908_Screen Shot 2013-01-09 at 8.50.11 PM.png

Then in the Graph>Profiler platform populate the dialog box with both the Pred Formula and PredSE

2910_Screen Shot 2013-01-09 at 8.51.12 PM.png

Result Profiler with confidence intervals

2911_Screen Shot 2013-01-09 at 8.55.49 PM.png

ron_horne

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

thanks!

now i managed to do it but if i save as Flash i loose the confidence intervals. is there a way of showing them in the final Flash version?

Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

The Flash Profiler doesn't support the confidence intervals. Sorry.

-Jeff

-Jeff
ron_horne

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

thanks Jeff.