Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

JMP 12 database

kreyandor1230

Community Trekker

Aug 28, 2015

Hi, I am very new to JMP. I know that JMP can access database but does JMP come with a database of some sort?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

JMP does not come with a proprietary database so that we don't limit you to using only one database. It is intentional that you can access all common databases that you might have, easily put them in JMP tables that you can manipulate, and then do the analysis in JMP. It's power is in analysis, visualization, linking information with graphs to the data after it is in a JMP tables, easily saving analyses to be re-run, and more.

4 REPLIES
Solution

JMP does not come with a proprietary database so that we don't limit you to using only one database. It is intentional that you can access all common databases that you might have, easily put them in JMP tables that you can manipulate, and then do the analysis in JMP. It's power is in analysis, visualization, linking information with graphs to the data after it is in a JMP tables, easily saving analyses to be re-run, and more.

kreyandor1230

Community Trekker

Aug 28, 2015

Thanks for the info, it was very helpful.

Eric_Hill

Staff

Oct 1, 2013

I will just add that will all of the free databases out there (MySQL, PostreSQL, SQLite, SQL Server Express), if you need a database, there are plenty available at no cost to you.

Eric

kreyandor1230

Community Trekker

Aug 28, 2015

THanks for the information, I will check them out