Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

JMP 12 and GMAIL capabilities

ivan_j_moore

Community Trekker

Nov 24, 2014

Hi,

I am currently running JMP 12 64 Bit and looking to email a data table to somebody daily, using script.

E-mail being used is GMAIL and a windows PC.

I am getting the following error, can somebody help please. Error message attached:

7 REPLIES
pmroz

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

I tried sending mail from JMP 64-bit but we have Office 32-bit, so it didn't work.  Is your mail program also 64-bit?

ivan_j_moore

Community Trekker

Nov 24, 2014

Hi,

Just checked and it looks like it is 32 bit, I will try and upgrade to the

64 bit and see if that works.

Let you know.

Thanks for now.

guillaumebugnon

Community Trekker

Apr 7, 2015

Hi,

Are you using an email client or directly gmail web interface (mail.google.com) ?

ivan_j_moore

Community Trekker

Nov 24, 2014

It is a company mail account through google chrome.

I might try me personal gmail account see if that works also.

Can update if it works.

jenkins_macedo

Community Trekker

Jul 13, 2015

Hi, what is the purpose of this task? Is it just to send a particular table to an individual? Did you consider the data size of the table that will be generated to see if that can be sent via email or shared via Google Drive? Does this person has access to JMP or do you plan to have the table exported in a format compatible with his system? If this person located in the same organization as yours? Is it possible to set up an ETL such that data tables can be easily shared?

Jenkins Macedo
ivan_j_moore

Community Trekker

Nov 24, 2014

Does not work with Personal G-mail account either, must be the 32 vrs 64 bit.

Purpose was just to share data files which had graphs "saved to the data files" therefore I could have interactive workshops from the e-mail link.

I can do it no problem through file sharing as we are at the one company, just sounds like a nice feature.

Thanks for all the info.

guillaumebugnon

Community Trekker

Apr 7, 2015

If you are using jsl mail() function, you must have an email client install on the computer (as Outlook, Thunderbird....).

Another solution is to simulate an email client : I found this project Tvhgooglemapi but I'm not sure that could help you cause it is a 32 bits client.

I tried with jmp 9 (32bits) and I can open a popup asking my gmail credentials, but I think that the gmail double authentification is not managed by this project.

So, from my point of view, it will be difficult (no possible) to send mail by using jls mail() function.

You can maybe develop an executable using gmail API (https://developers.google.com/gmail/api/guides/) to do this and call it with RunProgram() jsl function.

Regards

Guillaume